Build over permit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am trying to have a single storey rear extension built but having difficulty with Severn trent water
It is a permitted development so we only had visual plans done and it was all okayed with the council
There are public sewers that run where we would like the extension so we called severn trent and they said if we can get a wrc standard cctv survey done this will be sufficient enough to allow the permit
had it done and st now say we need sectional drawings ? Are sectional drawings proper planning permission plans? The architect we hired only did the 3d visual as we did not require planning permission, so do I need to pay out for more plans to satisfy severn trent? when you call amd speak to someone they are not helpful at all and when I spoke with the building inspector he seemed to think that more plans were not at all necessary ?
Any advice would be great as we are very confused

Sponsored Links
The drawings you need are the ones that the architect will produce for the building regulation application, and what the builders will use to build it.

Specifically a section through the foundation showing the location of the pipe and the relationship between the foundation and pipe. Basically the foundations need to be lower than the pipe if within 3m of it.

ST are quite good and pragmatic with these applications.

Agree with woody. We did a build-over and shuffle/replacement. Compared to what I've read elsewhere about other areas there wasn't any rubbish about replacing clay with clay and the pipe needing to be a bus journey away from the foundation.

Just copy some good practise cross sections showing you'll lintel across and leave a 50mm gap around it, and concrete around the bit inside the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back