Builder terminate my contract

After my builder messed up trying scrimp on money and me picking flaws in his workmanship, he's decided to take his tools and tear up the contract, without an explanation.

I guess he's decided the cost to rectify all his balls ups and the cutting corners is of more value than the current outstanding balance.

His final demand was to be paid on the spot after finishing the job, but I said I've got to inspect the work first and he has to give me a final invoice and we have upto 21 days to pay, based upon the FMB plain english contract that we used. He didn't like that bit I guess.

So what are my options?

Hope I'm wrong but I get the very strong impression that you have asked a builder to do some work for you as cheap as possible .. This is what he has done and now you don't like it LOL
And what is this about having 21 days to pay???
You are having a laugh with the price of a skip though and if it did go to Court I would guarantee that you would loose that bit of the argument

I agree with the others just move on

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back