Building a fitted wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Since my joiner can't be bothered to give me a quote I thought I'd have a go at building one myself.

I'm wanting to use 3 sliding doors, no back or sides.

Do I build the internals first?
Do I fit the tracks and doors first, then the cladding for the surround?

How do I build the cladding/frame?

Are there any "how To" docs on the net I can read?

Thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
doors on tracks or opening?

if tracks then screw the track sin place then build the face frame around it..

using tracks. It's the frame I'm unsure about. What do I use to build this, and at what position to the doors?

i.e. I'm thinking a wooden frame; top and sides. Then either oak vaneer on the front of frame or plasterboard?

I notice on some pictures an aluminium border around the frame, how is this fitted. my main concern is fitting the frame at the correct position to align with the sliding doors.

Help!

Try Gliderobes.co.uk they are cheap, good quality and supply all you need including instructions on how to fit. You can get wood frames for the sides and top.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the look you are after, my sliding doors sit in front of internals but no frame as such just mdf panel off ceiling to cover ugly ali track pelmet that came with doors.Mdf built out from wall on both sides so doors cover at each end and concealed door stops at ceiling to prevent doors meeting walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back