Fitted Wardrobe Question (or two!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just bought a bungalow with almost no storage and would like to build a fitted wardrobe with sliding doors...

I am a bricklayer so dont have a great deal of woodwork experience and was wondering should i build the internal stuff first (shelves and hanging rails etc) and then buy the sliding doors? Or should i put the doors in first and then do what i like behind them?

I will probably have more questions but this is my first hurdle!

Cheers, Matt

Sponsored Links
Easier to fit the internals first, remember you will probably need to reduce height at front for sliding door so take into account, also helps to know door dimension before you start so the internals are easy to access , especially if there are internal draws , you need to allow room to open them.

Ideally, fit the tracks and hang the doors and get everything right, and then remove the doors and fit the internals in a suitable place - to take account of where the openings will be when the doors are open

If possible lay the shelves/racks out so that you can get to the the stuff you need most often without needing to slide several doors or one door back and forth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back