building a games room on decking height restrictions???help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok ive had an idea with all this great weather we are having (not) ive decided to build on my decking a shed type building but put some decent glass in it and have it as a boys come game room women and children invite only ha ha just wondring are there any height restrictions and would i need planning and does any1 see any major issues with this build ive looked at what i can buy and nothing really hits the spot plus the 1s i like seem very overpriced for what they are any help would be greatfull cheers steve

Sponsored Links
mmm several probs

you must not be able to encroach on your niebours privacy because of your increased height

you require planning if the total height from ground level 3m sloping roof
4m pitched roof amongst other requirements

cheers mate dont think it will bother the neighbours as they all have sheds and garages at the back of there gardens and we have nothing behind us so would not bother any1 behind are garden ,would the decking be strong enough for this shed type building it seems 2 be strong under food and there is no movement basically i want 2 build my own shed but with a nice glass front or as much glass as i can fit in so it would let light in so we could use it as a game/play room

mmm need to know how your decking was constructed[including spacings of supports and wether concteted in ect]

also need to know what size you call a little games room :D ;)

Sponsored Links
speak to planning first. even if no neighbours overlook you one may complain at some stage. ring them up and ask and they will give you an answer over the phone.

As to the deck supporting the weight, it depends how its constructed and the weight of what youre putting on it.

You don't need planning permission for tempory structure, ie. anything made from timber.

foxhole said:
You don't need planning permission for tempory structure, ie. anything made from timber.

it must comply with certain requirements to be planning exempt such as

less than 3m high sloping or 4m pitch roof[from the ground not the decking]
more than 1m away from boundary
less than "x" percentage of total gargen ect
more than"X" amount away from the house
ect ect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back