Building a garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can people give me a rough estimate on how much it will cost to pay someone to build a garden wall 3.5m long, 0.4m high? And long how it will take?

Sponsored Links
A bit much to guess at, the whole thing? Foundations/standard brick/block?/location in the country? Just a few options to consider, abit more info wouldn't go a miss and you may get some more replies.

A bit much to guess at, the whole thing? Foundations/standard brick/block?/location in the country? Just a few options to consider, abit more info wouldn't go a miss and you may get some more replies.
Foundation
standard brick
Manchester.

Foundation
standard brick
Manchester.

They digging the foundation or are u? Digger access or manual labour ? This is not my line of work but I'm just giving you an estimation as to what people look at when they turn up to quote, it's not just chucking a price up in the air cos what happens then is a builder/landscaper turns up gives you his quote and you think 'fook that's expensive' when really he's seen the true picture and someone over the net is plucking a price from a few 'facts' some pictures might pluck some interest too.

Sponsored Links
Let's say they're digging the foundation manually, it's only 3.5m, so not much digging, and a low wall, so no deep foundation.
I'm not trying to compare quotes, just trying to get an idea of how much it will cost to see if it's even worth doing. This wall is not essential.
I have never had this sort of building work done, so I have no idea of the cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back