Retaining Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
afternoon All..

Looking for a little advice.

I need a litre retaining wall built between the side of my house and the garden fence to stop the mud etc falling against my fence.

I needs to be around 17ft long and 3ft high.

I would like to pave the area after also to place a little shed on for storage.

Would it be best to use rail way sleepers for the retaining wall or actually breeze block wall?

How much would it expect to cost roughly?

Would it cost a lot more to pay someone to do it for me?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I did my own with reclaimed brick, 10 m x .9 m it cost a fair bit for someone to come in dig out and brick up. I couldn't tell you how much, but think how ling would it take you to do a proper job, now think of that time in £100 per day rates. Plus equipment and blocks! If some is going to quote you you'd need to point out site conditions (soil type, access, slopes etc) what finish you want on the wall (facing bricks or just blocks). I'd be worried about getting a cheap quote. And if you are going to do it yourself make sure you research your footings, drainage and type of wall you want.
Do it right, do it once.
All the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back