Building a lean to porch roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys, I am looking to install an L- shaped PVC front door porch. (Please see the pictures of the porch and the recess).

I am planning to have a standard lean to roof. Such as in the diagram attached here. I am planning on making the wooden carcass and tiling it. Would you please advise on anything to look out for and what additional materials I would need, for insulation waterproofing etc. I am assuming that there needs to be a membrane put down between the tiles and the wood, as well as lead flashing where the roof meets the walls.

Any information and advise would be much appreciated.

P.S. on the diagram of the porch, between the PVC and the brick there is a cill. Anyone knows where I could get one like that? I cant seem to find it on the web, maybe I am searching for a wrong thing. Is there a specific name for this type of cill? My porch was second hand and came without it.

George

Porch Roof 1.jpg
Porch 1.jpg
recess 1.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back