Building a new en suite - what about the soil pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon folks - I'm starting to investigate the possibility of building an en suite into our main bedroom and have some questions :-

The bathroom is situated against the back wall of the house which is where I guess the soil pipe is. Now, the en suite will be situated in the main bedroom which is at the front of the house approx 6 - 8 meters away.

After doing some investigation would I be right in saying that it will be almost impossible to put a toilet into the en suite because the existing soil pipe is so far away ?.

And lastly what about the new sink & shower ? - are they too far away too or is this something that can be easily overcome via clever routing etc ?.

Any replies would be much appreciated - thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Seriously, I'm no plumber and I expect a proper plumber will be along soon. In the meantime I believe I'm right in saying that if you don't have a fairly direct route into the soil pipe you're stuck, unless you install a macerating toilet. I wouldn't because they sound like a really horrible idea.

The sink and shower also need reasonable access to a soil pipe but due to the wastes being smaller you might have a better chance here. One crucial point you need to ascertain is the layout of the joists in the floor, because it's easier to route a pipe along them to the outside than across them.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

As this is a "new" installation, you're going to need LBC permission anyway. Discuss any problems about waste withem, they will advise what they want doing.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back