Building a new en suite - what about the soil pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon folks - I'm starting to investigate the possibility of building an en suite into our main bedroom and have some questions :-

The bathroom is situated against the back wall of the house which is where I guess the soil pipe is. Now, the en suite will be situated in the main bedroom which is at the front of the house approx 6 - 8 meters away.

After doing some investigation would I be right in saying that it will be almost impossible to put a toilet into the en suite because the existing soil pipe is so far away ?.

And lastly what about the new sink & shower ? - are they too far away too or is this something that can be easily overcome via clever routing etc ?.

Any replies would be much appreciated - thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously, I'm no plumber and I expect a proper plumber will be along soon. In the meantime I believe I'm right in saying that if you don't have a fairly direct route into the soil pipe you're stuck, unless you install a macerating toilet. I wouldn't because they sound like a really horrible idea.

The sink and shower also need reasonable access to a soil pipe but due to the wastes being smaller you might have a better chance here. One crucial point you need to ascertain is the layout of the joists in the floor, because it's easier to route a pipe along them to the outside than across them.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As this is a "new" installation, you're going to need LBC permission anyway. Discuss any problems about waste withem, they will advise what they want doing.

Rico