Building a shed using old external doors .. How hard ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently been allocated an allotment, which I am obviously thrilled about (after nearly 5 years waiting)

I'll need a shed, although the previous plot-holder left his old shed on site ... only problem, it is or at least was an old Wendy House. OK, it'll do in the meantime, but is a bit small, and far too low.

I'm thinking it would be a nice idea to build a shed using old timber doors, maybe 3 x 2 doors in size, so about 6' x 4'.

How hard would this idea be ? bearing in mind I am not a joiner. OK, I can do a bit of DIY, but a tradesman I am not.

Surely it would be straightforward joining the doors, with one being hinged to open. A padlock would do me ... there#s no way I could fit a proper lock to a door.

The roof might be a bit tricky, but surely a timber yard cut rip up some timber to give me the sloped roof Then it would simply be a case of banging on some external ply to the roof and some felt.

Easy ... or is it ??

Sponsored Links
Not as easy as going down to b&q and actually buying a shed. They are dirt cheap nowadays.

Also you won't look like like a hobo to your new allotment friends

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back