building a wall and double gate around driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is my driveway:

Untitled-1.jpg

would i get planning permission to
remove wall A and wall B,
build a wall along the boundary between my driveway and neighbours driveway (red line)
build walls (orange lines)
install double wooden gate of more that 1m in height

thanks for any help

kevin

Sponsored Links
My guess is the planners will be concerned with sight lines for you exiting your driveway. You need to be able to see pedestrians approaching. Probably why wall B was built at an angle.

Either consult an architect who has experience of these types of applications, and/or your LA planning department.
Alternatively, if you want to go it alone, ask for a consultation interview with your planning officer to see what he/she will accept and what compromise is possible. Obviously take plans/drawings/photos to illustrate your case. A laptop with your interactive photo would impress but whether it would help your case, I'm not so sure. Incidentally, it doesn't work in this instance. You may need to provide a link to it, in your library.

If you have special reasons for security, mention them but in a residential development like this you may need to tread carefully on that subject.

To add; a compromise could consist of see-through railings and gate, perhaps atop a low wall. In which case you might think about retaining part of the walls A & B.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back