Driveway wall and gates - height restrictions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am intending to build a wall at the end of my driveway (well within my boundary) and hang some driveway gates.
I note from researching the planning portal that permission is not required as long as the wall does not exceed 1 metre in height.
Does that 1 metre in height include any railings which I may add on top of the brickwork between pillars ???
My initial plan was to brick upto 900mm with 1500mm pillars every 6ft - with wrought iron railings between the pillars.
would planning officers take the pillar height as the true height of my wall even though the main brick course would only be 900mm ????

I am sure that there would not be any planning permission issues as my immediate neighbour already has a similar driveway wall and gates and the wall would not cause any visual obstruction. Problem is I really dont want the expense and hassle of having to apply for permission.
Thanks for any opinions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back