Foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening folks,

Our application has just gone in for an extension.

The side extension will abut a boundary where our driveway is 1m higher than next door's driveway. There is no party fence, only a drop off from our driveway to theirs (quite the mess!).

As it is only a single storey extension, I don't imagine that our foundations would need to be any deeper than 1m, in which case they won't come close to undercutting the neighbour's foundations such that a Party Wall Act notice would be required. Or at least that's my thought. Is it likely, from anyone's experience, that building control will ask us to dig foundations beyond the 1m height difference between our properties and into the ground proper, i.e. the clay beneath the level of my neighbour's driveway?

Sponsored Links
Foundations should be lower than the lower ground level. Whether that means 1m lower will depend on the ground, but you should expect at least 600-800 lower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back