building blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
Building an extention and need to try and work rough costs
how many plasmor flborlite blocks i need for an outside wall
30m2 is the size
How many roughly would i need and roughly how many to a pallet and cost per pallet
asap please and thanks in advance

keser

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you need to do your own homework on nearly all those questions.

The blocks you mention come in standard size and a metric modular size. How many you need depends on the version you chose. Next would be how much waste to allow for. On small projects it is really about assessing how much cutting you need to do. More cutting more waste.

Cost is dependant on availability, competition, distance etc. Simply work out what you need, it is just maths add for waste. Then get some quotes from suppliers!

Generally waste would be around 5%, but increase this if lots of cutting.

thanks blagard
it says on the plans 100mm
Hardly any cutting to do as its 2.5 x 12 m long outa wall
yes i wll allow for waste and cutting on the rt of the build

Use a standard block then.

Allowing for 10mm joints the actual number of blocks per m2 is 9.876. i.e practically 10 blocks per m2 then add waste.

Sponsored Links
12m long is just under 28 blocks, 2.5m high is 11 blocks which gives you 308 total.

Standard blocks are 450mm x 225mm. This is allowing for 10mm beds and perps.

cheers how many to a pallet and would you know approx cost in london area

cjeers

cheers how many to a pallet and would you know approx cost in london area

cjeers

In Bristol we have a competitor to Plasmor who manufacture a similar block. If you allow roughly £1 per block + Vat and if you don't regularly buy from a merchant then add a bit on top. Given the recent shortage if thermalite blocks these have been in quite high demand though recently. Fibo's are pallets of 88 so 3.5 pallets according to Pred's calcs.

I get most of my materials from B&Q Trade Point, I've got accounts with a few builders merchants in Bristol & they can't touch B&Q on price.

It's no problem to get a Trade Point card, tell them you're a builder doing an extension, put your name down as the company name..

Also it's worth finding out who the boss is at the counter, tell him what you're doing and see if he will give you a discount, if you don't ask you don't get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back