building control application - full plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - we have had plans approved by the LA for a loft conversion and dormer. The plans are fine at the guy i used provided structural calcs and a detailed specification - this was all completed a little while ago.

We are now in the process on requesting quotes and some builders we have spoken to have made some valid and useful suggestions. If we take these on board it would it mean we would deviate from the approved plans and specification.

Generally, is there scope of deviate from the details previously submited to the council?

The sort of changes may include:
- moving a door way in a non-structural stud wall
- use of a thinner insulation material - increasing headroom

I would like to assume that so long as the structural work is completed to spec/plans, then BC will be happy so long as the other work conforms to regs - i.e., correct u values on insulation, etc.

advice appreciated
Phil

Sponsored Links
Yes the kind of changes you are talking about will be fine. BC will be fine with a few amendments along the way.

The building inspector just visited my neighbour while I was in the garden. They did a full plans submission but I overheard the inspector saying he hadn't seen the plans. Spent about 3 minutes looking around then left happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back