Building Control for conservatory roof replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am considering replacing the polycarbonate roof on my Victorian uPVC conservatory with an Orangery roof with glass lantern. The builder is saying it’s exempt from building regs, but I can’t find anything concrete to confirm this. Tried to contact my local Croydon council but they are not taking calls at moment. Emailed them a few times but still no response. Can anyone shed any light please? Thanks

Sponsored Links
The building is currently an exempt building, after carrying out any alterations the conservatory must still satisfy the following:
"The extension of a building by the addition at ground level of a conservatory, where the floor area of that extension does not exceed 30m2, provided that in the case of a conservatory or porch which is wholly or partly glazed".
There is no definition of a conservatory in the B regs. LABC guidance states that the roof should be at least 75% glazed, most LA's follow this guidance, but you should still confirm this with your LA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back