Building extension and drain blocked.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of having an extension built. With all the digging and removal of earth I find that my kitchen sink is backing up. When I drain my washing machine the water comes up the sink and eventually disappears, (or so I thought). I have now discovered that the water is draining back into the machine.

The builders have used a normal jet washer to clear the drain but it just keeps happening. They had a skip at the bottom of my drive and all the slabs and concrete is broken. I am hoping they have not crushed the drains at this point.

I am going to get some rods and try and clear the drain but I don't really understand how this works. My inspection covers have maybe 4ft vertical shafts. How do you actually get the rod into the horizontal pipe or do you not need to? Is it just like a plunger action within the vertical pipe?

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back