Blocked 7 metres long kitchen sink drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cloakroom sink drain which is blocked goes round 4 corners and meets the kitchen sink drain half way along. Kitchen sink drain empties without any problem. I have tried everything, rodded, but can only get about 3 meters due to various bends, boiling water , high pressure jetting, all to no avail.
I suspect blockage is near or just beyond midway which I can't reach. Is it possible to cut pipe halfway along to rod other half and refit a section of new pipe with an access. Failing that only other way I can see is to renew entire drain.

Sponsored Links
It will drain the full cloakroom sink if left for half an hour, but if you let it empty and then immediately try and empty another full sink it backs right up. I suspect this is the full amount in the drain pipe.
Does it drain at all ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, is there a special coupling I should be asking for?
If it’s going to be a regular occurrence, if push fit then a push fit coupling, if solvent weld, then a universal coupling would be best.

If it's 7 metres long then that's part of the problem. It would be far too small.

It will drain the full cloakroom sink if left for half an hour, but if you let it empty and then immediately try and empty another full sink it backs right up. I suspect this is the full amount in the drain pipe.

Had this exact problem myself, with a similar inaccessible run.

So bought some Mr Muscle , followed the instructions and the problem was sorted

If it's 7 metres long then that's part of the problem. It would be far too small.
Just remeasured , it's 50 mm dia, is that ok?
I think I may have found a simple solution to my particular problem.
I intend to drill a 20 mm hole on the top of the waste pipe half way along which will allow me to rod in both directions. If this is successful I will then seal the hole with a rubber plug which are easily obtainable.
If it ever happens again I just need to remove the plug.
There must be a downside, can anybody see one. This will only in my opinion work in horizontal drains not vertical ones for obvious reasons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back