Building fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to start bricking up to create new enclosure for inset stove pic shows roughly where bricks will be and trowel is were stove will eventually be positioned. The base is concrete but needs raising up by about 30mm which I planned to screed with grit sand and cement. Question is should I brick up and then apply the screed or screed the whole area and build onto the screed. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20240418_133042_428.jpg
    IMG_20240418_133042_428.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
I'm just about to start bricking up to create new enclosure for inset stove pic shows roughly where bricks will be and trowel is were stove will eventually be positioned. The base is concrete but needs raising up by about 30mm which I planned to screed with grit sand and cement. Question is should I brick up and then apply the screed or screed the whole area and build onto the screed. Thanks in advance
Potentially you could do either, it's up to you. The downside is that if ever you decide to hack the floor up, the brick structure may be damaged with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back