Building near a boundary wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a boundary wall between two houses. As we are on a hill, this is a retaining wall, about 3m tall, with the neighbour's side ground level about 2.5m above my levels.

My original planning application (incorrectly) mentioned that a corner of my extension wall would come to 1.8m from this boundary wall. These measurements were wrong probably because there were a lot of trees and bushes in the way and the wall was inaccessible at the time.

Now we have cleared the plants and trees out of the way, and it appears our new extension wall 's corner approaches that boundary wall to 1.35m, rather than 1.8m.

Would this be a major deal?

Sponsored Links
Hmm, OK, I am not sure how to handle this now. Call the council planners maybe to ask for advice? From what I know they do not give advice, they will most likely ask me to put in a new full planning application. (I put in a NMA to change from tile cladded dormers to white render and they said I need full planning! Most of my street has white rendered dormers and walls!) Or leave it until and unless the hostile neighbours complain?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back