Building REGS FAILURE - What to do.....?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I embarked on a single storey extension a year ago. Plans were drawn up, structural plans also, all approved, builder selected and given these plans.

Both builder and architect who didn't know each other prior to me introducing them, recommended the same building control officer. So I went with him.

He came periodically throughout the build checking foundation, different stages taking pictures.

After all the work has been completed he has now asked for a structural calculation for the roof lanterns.

The plasterboard is up everything painted and finished!

Got the calculation the joists need strengthening more work to be done. The builder has agreed to do it.

But my point is why did he not raise this before? Why has the building control person waited? Surely this is not the correct way in the business.

Please help any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It certainly is not the correct procedure to follow, I would have expected that the BCO to have requested SE calcs prior to construction and viewed them in place while open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back