Building Regs H1

NPD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick query. Building regs H1 state that branch discharge pipes should be kept within certain lenghts & gradients. These change according to whether they are 50% , 70%, full bore fill or separate systems. My query is how can you tell whether a discharge pipe is 50%, 70% or full bore fill (separate systems are easy to spot) in order to compute appropriate calculations? :?:
Any help greatly appreciated
NPD

Sponsored Links
If you dont know then dont reply!

This question would be much better asked on the IPHE forum where some members digest the Building Regulations for breakfast.

I am totally guessing, I make no bones about it, but could it be a 50 mm pipe discharging into a 100 mm pipe would be classed as a 50% fill ??? ( or even less if based on cross-sectional area? )

I hope I am not making a fool of myself!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I am totally guessing, I make no bones about it, but could it be a 50 mm pipe discharging into a 100 mm pipe would be classed as a 50% fill ??? ( or even less if based on cross-sectional area? )

makes sense to me ;)

Agile said:
I hope I am not making a fool of myself!

Tony
Relatively speaking, you will have to try much harder to be percieved as foolish.....to some it comes naturally ;) AFAIK this is getting technically into the "common or garden"....Single Stack system..and I`m pretty sure Marley Drainage have good diagrams and literature on their site........."Separate Systems"...............That rings a bell in the dim and distant........I think we`ve got another NVQ`er here guys.......I wondered why my brain felt it was being picked @ :LOL:

I'll check out the Marley diagrams thanks for those who helped. Just completed my NVQ! :LOL: However just annoyed me that I couldn't figure this out - I know in practise you don't have to be so precise ;)

I said """If you dont know then dont reply! "".

That was actually directed at myself, meaning that I should have kept quiet unless I was 100% sure.

Unfortunately JPC jumped in with a ( usless ) reply but he wrote that as I was writing mine.

My comment was NOT directed to him! ( Although it will now look as if it was! )

We still dont know what the real answer is but as its apparently only a student question its less important! I had asumed it was a conscientious builder trying to comply with regulations ( yes unlikely I know! )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back