Building Stud Walls Off Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting one here. We have removed all suspender timber floors, and concreted in an old 1900 cottage.

The plan with the floor is next a layer of kingspan, then wet UFH pipes, then a pumped self level screed.

At the moment it is all open plan, all walls have been removed, so my plan was I need to install the the Stud walls to define the rooms, prior to fitting UFH pipes, etc. Do I just screw the bottom CLS to the concrete, and build the stud wall up. Then lay insulation, and UFH pipework, and let them pump the screed in, this will cover the bottom CLS. Or do I build up the CLS to the 100mm depth so the screed just goes upto it?

Any advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
Lay your floor then do your walls, mark on the existing walls the position of the stud walls so you don't hit the ufh pipes.

Morning,

Thank you, seems very risky to me, I have many walls to build and not are all off an existing external wall.

You don't want to build walls off floating floors.

Lay courses of brickwork up to floor height, and then construct the studwork off that.

Sponsored Links
You don't want to build walls off floating floors.
Uhmm this is how it's done around here, a screed floor wound move, it's only a none load bearing internal wall.

You should have a ufh plan so you'll know where the edges of the pipes are, plus you always have a good bit of clearance around the perimeter.
You can always mark it on the ceiling.
Saves a good number of thermal bridges , less material and labour costs etc.

Uhmm this is how it's done around here

Do you live in Tombstone or some other wild west town? Ye Har

Load bearing wall or not, a stud wall will be loading the screed and insualtion, which is bad practice.

I have ordered bricks so will go with this plan, no issues with thermal bridge as I have put 100mm insulation under the concrete slab anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back