building studwall 30 minute fire reg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like partition my garage and have been told the stud wall will have to be 30 minute fire proof,
Can you tell me how to achieve this thinking 63mm stud timber insulated with 50 mm celotex what size plasterboard would be read, 9mm, 12.5mm, or fire resistant board.
Just to make it complicated I have a mains gas pipe bottom corner 30 mm from floor and wall how can i overcome this
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
two layers of 12.5mm plasterboard will normally give 30 minutes fireproof, and 1 layer of 15mm fireboard will give an hours fire resistance. I don't think the gas pipe is relevant, as it was there in the first place, but if you're worried, then box it in. Why are you splitting the garage.

Thanks for your reply. Now thinking of using 1 layer of 12.5 fireline board each side do i have to do anything with the joins where the boards meet. Splitting the garage so ro make astore room

Sponsored Links
If it's just a general store, then a join is pretty immaterial, but if you've got flammable material in the store, then I'd use 12.5mm plasterboard as well and overlap the joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back