Timber stud wall with 30min Fire resistance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
Can I achieve 30 min fire resistance with a stud wall comprising off 75mm timber and a single layer of 9.5mm plasterboard on each side if the cavity is filled with a rockwool type insulation?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Uprate the pb to 12.5mm fireline on both sides and you'll be onto a winner.

I honestly don't why people would bother wilth 9mm plasterboard in any situation.

Uprate the pb to 12.5mm fireline on both sides and you'll be onto a winner.

I honestly don't why people would bother wilth 9mm plasterboard in any situation.

Ditto to the above though fireline board is belt and braces.

Regular 12.5mm will give you 30mins f.p.

Thanks for those replies. I've decided to put an additional layer of 9.5mm on either side of the stud wall instead. Hopefully this will aid with sound deadening as well.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
why not just use 1/15mm plasterboard and save on screws and time.

Double boarding is fine but must agree with the above replys.
12.5mm plasterboards are the normal these days, 9.5mm not really used that much now by the pro, but it does have a minimum of 30mins fire resistance, whether plastered or unplastered, it's not something I'd recommend though.

Also ant penetrations for cables and pipes will need to be dealt with correctly. Ie. fire stop, pipe collars etc.
Ps not that familiar with domestic situations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back