stud work timber

Any suggestions on how I can connect the new studs to this structure to ensure it is sturdy?
There will be a continuous top and bottom rail with the paramount walling that you can fix your first upright too if you want a connection.

Sponsored Links
I will try t connect into the top and bottom timbers if they exist. If this fails, what do you mean by toggles?

Sponsored Links
I will try t connect into the top and bottom timbers if they exist. If this fails, what do you mean by toggles?

I think he means spring toggle bolts and alot of gripfill to stick to your eggshell

I don't think you want or need a structural connection to the 'eggbox' wall. But you do need to work out how to finish the join so that it doesn't crack, i.e. if there is some flexibility and doors slam etc. How do you plan to finish the walls?

I don't think you want or need a structural connection to the 'eggbox' wall. But you do need to work out how to finish the join so that it doesn't crack

So how will the OP prevent this from cracking without a mechanical (not structural) connection?

will the toggles be set in the gripfill for a mechanical connection to the eggbox?

Toggles will pull the timber to the paramount and the adhesive will help to prevent any flexing or thermal movement at all from either wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back