Building two extension off party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if my neighbours allowed to build a extension off my extension (with my permission of course) by only building a block wall with 100mm insulation between my extension and his blockwork.

My extension is block on inside and brick on the outside.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou, you've answered my other question too. Thanks again.

You said its fine, does the same apply if the extension was two storey's?
Will that middle brick wall strength wise be ok to serve two extension?

All its doing at the moment is forming a rainscreen cladding to the insulation and inner skin. The wall plates supporting the roof timbers are sat on the inner skin. You will obviously need to build the foundation wider at this stage to accommodate your neighbours inner skin. Unless you have already laid the found in which case BC may want an eng to do some calcs or do a clever foundation. Same applies to the 2 storey question, if the founds are up to it no problem.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou again, yes my foundations are already done and he would have to make a foundation for his inner wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back