building unit for washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am trying to conceal my washing by building a unit that matches the rest of the kitchen around it.

my problem is the washing machine is 600mm wide and will be deeper than a standard inset appliance. building the unit is easy enough, but, when it comes to making a standard 600mm door fit I have a number of problems.
1) If I use standard hinges the unit will have to accomodate an additional 25mm (depth of hinge) making the unit size wider, which exaserbates the smaller door size than the width of the unit.

Is there a different hinge I can use that enables the appliance to fit into a unit about 610mm wide.

or is there a diffenret way of fitting the door?

Hope this makes sense.

thanks for your replies in anticipation

Sponsored Links
hi, you usually use a min width of 650 (better to be 700) this gives room to pull the machine in and out, the cabinet is normally 650 deep also, due to waste and plumbing.

Build your cabinet 700 wide and go back to your supplier for 2 of 345mm doors or you will have to use 1 of 395 and 1 of 295. If the later is the case it looks neater to use an 800 cabinet and 2 even size 395mm doors.

Or but an integrated machine which a 600 door will cover nicely.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back