building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
update and more information on my previous post. my bungalow was built in 1946, its bult on a slab of concrete about 2ft thick and extending 2ft out from the brickwork all around. the dpc i am told is a layer of bitumen and the bricks laid on top of that. the building was neglected before i moved in, guttering u/s and when it rained water ran down the walls, also a path was laid butted to the wall about an inch above the dpc. i have took up the path and replaced the guttering however i still get a slight ammount of damp when it rains, it rises about 18in above dc but no further. i removed the render all along the wall brickwork dry at the time. skirting boards are dry , slightly blackened on inside only, render removrd was a bit powdery but dry. when it rains bottom row of bricks on inside get a bit wet. do i have a damp problem and if so, any advice on treatment would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back