Built In Oven Element Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, we have the Whirlpool built-in oven AKP509/WH/02, it appeared that the lower oven element was kaput.
Bought the element and decided that I had looked at enough advice online so was ready for it.
Power Off!
Went to extract the internal casing - no, there isn't one, so, only way was to pull out the oven and look for a way in.
Got the thing out of the unit, took off the bottom and that was where the next lot of bolts were, no way in.
Took the back off, after having to figure out how to get the terminal block cover off; now the rigid plate that holds the element terminals at the set distance had to be extracted from the back casing, whoa! the new one hasn't got the predrilled hole to put it on.......
Had to put the whole lot back and then go to my home to drill the thing, what a drag today has been.
At least I know where everything is now.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a ball ache! I acidentally pulled a connection off our grilling element in our oven when cleaning it, and am yet to pull the oven out to reconnect it, hope it's not the same kind as yours!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back