Built in Oven: new cct question ring or radial?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi New user here so please be gentle!

I have viewed the 'how to' section as lots on cooker but non answer my specific question so any help appreciated.
New kitchen , with seperate hob and built in oven plus 2nd built in oven.

First one is easy! as I will connect hob, and one oven to existing cooker outlet. 6mm2 40A mcb.

Its the 2nd oven i have a question on, it has a normal 13A plug so ring mains....BUT ... the house has 2 ring mains (32A mcbs) with lower floor including kitchen already taking kettle, dishwasher, TV, tumble dryer, plus occasional use appliances So to add another 3Kw oven may cause problems.

Using previous 'how to' answers as base i plan to run new cct 2.5mm T&E cable (32A mcb ring or 20A radial) from consumer unit to 2 dedicated 2 way sockets in the kitchen I will use one for 2nd oven and microwavr and other for washing machine/tumble dryer.

This leads to question, is 2.5mm OK? (32Ax240V =7.6KW !!) and which is best ring or radial ?

Finally the Consumer unit has a 100A main switch and currently 40A cooker,2x 32A ring, 2 x 6A lights, 1 x 16A garage will another 32A mcb be to much?.

apologies for lots of questions! and thanks in avance.
C.

Sponsored Links
Whats the total power of each oven/hob, diversity can play a useful hand ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back