Kitchen Ring Load

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slight difference of opinio guys. Hopefully you can help settle.

Firstly we are both PartP and NIC but have a difference of opinion as to how bext to deal with this
Kitchen re-fit.
New 32A kitchen ring including 4 sockets, 3 integral appliances (Microwave, Washer/dryer, Dishwasher) plus a 3.5Kw integral Oven.
Hob is on a separate circuit.

My partner in crime wanrts to put the oven on the ring with a 20A switch and I am in favour of putting it in a separate 2.5mm radial circuit with a 16A MCB.

What is the concensus?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
on the ring i say,

if you do put a 2.5 radial in why not run a 6mm in for future expansion and down rate to a 16amp breaker at the board?

I'm not a sparky myself so my opinion wont count for much but if i was faced with the same situation I'd put the oven on its own circuit. I would be more comfortable with it that way rather than on the ring.

All the best
Dan

mst said:
why not run a 6mm in for future expansion and down rate to a 16amp breaker at the board?

That would be my choice - only there is no need to downrate the MCB as long as the cable it protects is suitable.

Sponsored Links
oven is fine on the ring fed by a plug . some kettles r now 3kw nowadays. would u put them on their own circuit?

Hmm,

scenario: Sunday morning: Put the kettle on for a cup of tea. Whilst that is boiling, load and start the washing machine and then turn on the oven to heat up to cook the sunday roast.

I think I'd go for a separate radial, or possibly FCU down from the hob radial if there is sufficient capacity.

I'd put the washer/dryer and dishwasher on a separate 4mm radial (32A) to get rid of these two biggies. Up to you then if you want to run a separate rad to oven or keep on ring....

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back