x2 Single Pyrolytic Ovens on kitchen ring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to have my kitchen refitted. I've had an electrician to come and have a look.

He's quoted me £2500 for a rewire. We are after new lights and lots of fiddly bits around the new cupboards.

The bit that worries me, is that we want to mount x2 pyrolytic neff ovens away from the existing cooker supply.

Getting a new supply from the cu is difficult. The electrician has suggested that we can just run these 2 ovens of the kitchen ring. Which is separate from the rest of the house.

This ring already has a tumble dryer, washing machine, dishwasher, wine cooler, integrated larder fridge, integrated larder freezer and microwave running off of it and I'm worried that it'll be overloaded.

edit:: There's also the kitchen extractor fan.

Am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Am I worrying over nothing?
I wouldn't say so - although one might conceivably 'get away with it', I would also worry.

Do you know the power rating of these two ovens (and, whilst you're answering that, you might perhaps tell me what a "pyrolytic" oven is!)?

Kind Regards, John

total connected load of ovens is 3.45kw each.

Pyrolytic is the cleaning function where the ovens heat up to 450 degrees centigrade to burn off the grease. Makes them easier to clean.

total connected load of ovens is 3.45kw each.
I would still 'worry', but others might disagree. Both of those on together would represent about 30A and, even after applying the concept of 'diversity' (which takes into account the fact that elements cycle on and off with thermostat etc.) around 16A - which is fair chunk out of what is probably a 32A circuit, given all the other things that will be plugged into it.
Pyrolytic is the cleaning function where the ovens heat up to 450 degrees centigrade to burn off the grease. Makes them easier to clean.
Ah, thanks - sounds a bit like a re-invention of the 'catalytic linings' of past times!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Let's see.

3.45kW @ 230V = 15A.

(15-10)*0.3+10 = ___________

a) More than 13A

or

b) Less than or equal to 13A

?

Looks like 11.5 amps each then?

To return to the original question, is it safe to have these on the kitchen ring with all the other Appliences?

Or when cooking Sunday dinner one day while drying the clothes in the tumble dryer are we likely to trip the cu?

Thanks for the help, I don't know enough about this and the electrician has been subcontracted in by the company I'm using to fit the kitchen.

Thank you to all of you for the replies.

Have spoken to the electrician and we've agreed to run a new feed for the ovens from the cu.

Good idea.

But if you're having a new kitchen, couldn't the cooker circuit be extended to where the ovens will be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back