Fitting new cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new here and have a question about a cooker that needs fitting. I want to know if it can be put on the kitchen ring, or requires a dedicated cable from the consumer unit.

The cooker has the following specs: Main oven 2.3KW, Small oven 1.3KW, Grill 2.6KW. The hob is gas, so no extra there. You can't use the grill at the same time as the small oven, so the max from the cooker would be 4.9KW.

We also have a washing machine and kettle that could be in use at the same time.

The kitchen ring uses 2.5mm cable and is protected with a 32A MCB.

Your advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks, Will

Sponsored Links
Do you have the manufacturers instructions? as they will normally tell you if it can be used in a ring main socket-outlet or do you have a model number?
The fact that it can pull 4.9kw and you also have other appliance on that circuit would lead me to thinking it would be best on it's own circuit.

I haven't got it yet, so no brochure - the model is Stoves 550DF - their site doesn't give much info, but states 32A fuse required.

Sponsored Links
What was the old cooker? You might already have dedicated circuit. Did you check the consumer unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back