Bulb changing help Fireguard LED3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! We had these recessed lights fitted about 2 years ago and a couple of them have gone. How on earth do I get to the bulb to replace it? Thanks in advance! I'll try to upload a photo

Sponsored Links
1485006894142-1151179560.jpg

The little bezel will (probably) unscrew with a thread or turn until tabs can be released.

It will be full of dust and very hard to turn.

Sponsored Links
It looks to me as if the leds are built in (not replacable) and that the units are no longer manufactured. Shame as they claimed 5 years lifetime. I think you can still buy remaining stock on the internet , to minimize effort at this stage.

It looks to me as if the leds are built in (not replacable) and that the units are no longer manufactured. Shame as they claimed 5 years lifetime. I think you can still buy remaining stock on the internet , to minimize effort at this stage.

That would be very annoying if that is the case. I have a feeling you may be right though :(

The little bezel will (probably) unscrew with a thread or turn until tabs can be released.

It will be full of dust and very hard to turn.

The only thing that looks like it could come out are two rivets on either side. I wouldn't imagine it would be that difficult if that was the way to change the bulb though?

Strange that Google doesn't give an answer as to whether the bulbs are replaceable or not!

Strange that Google doesn't give an answer as to whether the bulbs are replaceable or not!
The description of the units all use the word 'integrated' to describe the leds used. I think they don't make it more plain, in order not to put you off buying them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back