Bulldog TRV's - short pin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've had some probs with rads being cold at the bottom and wanted to check the TRV pin is not stuck. They are Bulldog ones - I can depress the pin and it pops out, but it's quite short and stumpy compared with others I've seen and I just wanted to make sure that this was a feature of these valves and there's not more of the pin stuck further in!

Many thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
yep they are short and only move a couple of mill , turn all your rads off and just leave one on at a time to force any air in system /pipework out if bottom of rad still cold its sludge and they need taking out and hosed out.

Try turning off some other rads to see if this one heats up. It's poss that your system needs balancing. Info available in FAQs or on the Tube.

Hi guys

Thanks for the speedy replies - very helpful. I don't think it's sludge as the rads are at the very top of the house (loft extension about 4 years ago) and it was power flushed for new boiler about 10 months ago.

The pipe at the TVR end is cold/cool and at the lockshield end is hot, so think it must be a balancing prob - will do as you suggest and read up on it, but I might be back for more advice!!

Cheers

SB

Sponsored Links
OK so turned off all other rads and the 2 problem ones heated up - so not sludge, but a balancing issue I think? I'm off to get a thermometer and have a go at rebalancing - wish me luck!

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back