Buried pipe at back of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im removing earth from the back of the 4yr old house for setting the foundation for a patio. Ive unearthed a flexible blue pipe about 1 inch dia, ending in a tap with a small bore pipe attached. What is this likely to be ? I'm guessing it is the system drain ?
Do I need to do anything with it other than make it accessible ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a cold main pipe at that diameter. What do you mean by a tap? Outside tap or a small drain off?

Sounds like a cold main pipe at that diameter. What do you mean by a tap? Outside tap or a small drain off?

Well its similar size to the outside tap for the hose pipe except it a straight through one. The end fitting is to a plastic 'push fit' pipe which is open to air which is why I thought it might be a drain.

Sponsored Links
Could have been the old builder's water supply. Have you turned it on to see if it's still live?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back