Burner not starting when system calls for heat - OIL COMBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Grant Oil COMBI Max Outdoor.

Burner not starting recently for either heating or hot water.

Burner wont start AND Burner light does NOT come on on the control panel when the system should be "calling" for heat either from heating or hot water. Central heating Pump will start circulating ok for heating but burner stays dead.

Sometimes switching all power off to the boiler i.e restarting the whole boiler temporarily solves the problem so burner does work ok and was
recently serviced.

I have checked the following and all are fine:
Burner was recently serviced
Phototeye is clean
plenty of oil in the tank
System pressure is just above 1bar cold so that's fine
Electrics and timer look sound
Circulation Pump is sound

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Pcb
Control box
Oil pump
Motor
Solenoid
Faulty photocell
Stats
Electrodes
Blocked nozzle

Could be any of the above

As the burner isn't going to lockout I'd assume the problem was with timers, thermostats and similar......its just not getting the 'calling for heat' command, it seems.
John :)

Sponsored Links
As the burner isn't going to lockout I'd assume the problem was with timers, thermostats and similar......its just not getting the 'calling for heat' command, it seems.
John :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I reckon the burner is not getting the signal to start at all i.e burner light does not come on.

Timer is not the problem - have had the electrics tested .

Maybe a thermostat is the problem???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back