Burners not fireing on Vokera combi

Sponsored Links
when you switch the boiler on for central heating does the fan go from slow speed to high speed? If it does take the 2 bottom left hand screws out of the combustion cover and ease the cover forward, does the boiler now fire? If it does than you have restricted fan venturi. if it doesn't can you hear a final "click" coming from the gas valve? if you can hear the click then your pilot button is slightly depressed (i suggest dinner at lucianos to bring it back into a good mood). If you can't hear a click then you need need to test the solenoid of your gas valve for 240v with a multimeter (blue and red/white wires). If you are getting 240v at these wires then your gas valve is knackered. If you aren't getting 240v leave your black multimeter lead on the blue wire and follow the red/white wire back to a little stat attached to the right hand chrome pipe. test the other wire going into this stat with the red lead of your multimeter. If it's showing 240 then you need a new safety stat (but a few gentle taps with a screwdriver whilst the power to the boiler is switched off can usually bring it back to life). These tests skip the testing of the aps leaving it until last because these tests are quicker and less fart on than testing the aps on the 20/80.

Thanks Mate for the suggestions, It looks like it is working fine now. I took the Gas valve off and took it to bits as I had a feeling it was the solenoid or PCB. Nothing exciting to look at. I then took the safety stat off and checked to make sure that nothing looked suss with that. Again that didn't look too exciting. But I have knocked something into action as It is working perfectly now.

Thanks again for advice.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back