Vokera Boiler Blockage I Think

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic. I have a Burner problem. It very rarely lights when you turn on central heating or hot water. I have replaced the PCB and the complete Gas Valve. I have noticed that it fires up every time with out a problem when the cover is off the burners, or you create a gap around the cover. I think there is a fan problem or a tube blocked.

Can anybody point me in the right direction before I spend more money on parts that don't fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Instead of spending good money replacing perfectly good parts, will it not be more cost effective to call in someone who is registered, knows and likes working on the Flowmatic?

Boiler is quite complex. If you are CORGI registered, post you number. Most components within the boiler are at 240 volts, so one has to be aware what is where and how one is going to reach a component within the boiler.

Your in the right direction, get it serviced and mention the problem at the time and it should get sorted...the parts you bought, unfortunately, are money down the pan and more than likely your house insurance as well if you have been changing your own gas valve. :eek:

Sponsored Links
When you installed the new gas valve how did you set up the max and min gas pressures?

Tony

This such a classic question it must be a wind-up!

TrotterD, hmmm, your family runaround a Reliant is it?

ok. I have wasted money by taking time off work and paying people to come round to try to fix it. One engineer electrocuted himself and because I was standing next to him could have hurt me. So thats why I decided to do it myself.

No comment to ChrisR. Little people like you just don't exist.

I presume no help then.

Thanks anyway.

Dave

Tony,

I didn't make any adjustments to the valve as this didn't fix the problem. I put the original gas valve back on.

Regards

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back