Burning In

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a fitted electric Bosch oven which unhelpfully tells you that before installing you need to 'burn in' the oven.

I'm guessing this means fitting a plug and heating it up at its highest temperature but can anyone clarify this and for how long?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it says before INSTALLING? :confused:

A new oven has to be run at a temperature and for a time specified in the user manual, to burn off all the chemicals that are used in manufacture, but this is done AFTER installation.

Does it tell you to do this "before using the oven"?

If the manual makes it no clearer, I would urge you to ring the customer helpline as they should be able to clarify it.

Sponsored Links
What you are doing is burning the oils from the element, install the oven, turn the oven on to about 180 leave it on for about 30 mins, The grill will also need to be 'burnt in'.
When you have done this the chances are that it will smell for the next 2/3 times you use it. Then all will be well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back