Brand new Oven doesn't heat - electrics?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Here's the story: My old oven caught fire a month ago as the element decided to burn out. Bought a replacement element and fitted it, tried to turn on the oven and the digital clock started blinking, the ventilator fan started running...but the oven fan didn't start and the new element didn't heat.

I figured the oven was dead and since it was old and dirty was persuaded to get a new one.

Brand new oven arrived today, same model but slightly updated (Neff 1421, single 60cm built in). Installed it and flicked the switch...the digital clock started blinking, the ventilator fan started running...but the oven fan wasn't moving and the element wasn't heating up!!

I can only imagine this is something to do with the electrics? How come the digital clock is blinking but the oven isn't even trying to get hot or start up?

The oven is connected by a short wire with a plug and 13amp fuse. The fuses can't have gone and the wires are the same as when it was working before?

Any ideas?

Simon.

Sponsored Links
try reading the instructions. it probably wont work becuse you haven't set the clock

Oh that's great. Now it works.

So you mean I chucked my old oven because I didn't set the ^%#ing clock?

Simon.

Looks that way!

I replaced a three-year old Creda oven with a Neff oven and boy does it cook well. And is very quiet in operation.

Sponsored Links
its amazing how many people never read instructions.

multiplexuk perhaps next time you will read the instructions for every thing

Just got a new video,gave my son's the instruction book to set it up and he said "don't need it" :LOL:

What is the instruction for,eh? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

masona said:
Just got a new video,gave my son's the instruction book to set it up and he said "don't need it" :LOL:

What is the instruction for,eh? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

funny you should say that, on boxing day i was at my mum's, brother and his kids there too, got new "game thinginyconsulewhatsitsnamebox" (give me "space invaders" any day)

and we had to read the instuctions to get it to work 'cos the kids played with one before but had no idea how to set it up.

Funny thing was they had more fun with the cardboard box the new tv came in than they did with the game

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back