Electric Oven - trips house electrics...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Moved into a new house with a built in electric oven (NEFF T1213). Oven looks unused even though its 5 years old.

Top grill/small oven works fine, its just when using the lower large oven things go wrong...

When the oven light only is on, its fine and if left on still no issues. When move to a temperature the fan starts up and the element starts to glow.

After a few mins it trips the mains (RCD thing i think).

I've checked the element, fan motor etc and all looks ok, no visible melting or damage and as i say it all looks almost brand new (ish).

All advice welcome, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Element sheath could be breaking down under load/heat.
How many elements if 2 disconnect 1 & see what happens, if only 1 then chances are it needs replacing.

Remember when the parts are cold they are "smaller" and they expand when making warmer - some damage part start touching earth or making shortcut. I suggest to replace whole appliance, can be cheaper...
Regards

Removed

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for your help everyone.

Got a cheap replacement element and its working fine!
Feel sorry for the bloke in before me, he must have never used it since install...

I totally agree with ban-all sheds....
Removing the advertizing link is one thing...but it still leaves a post giving the wrong advice in poor English.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back