Burning money

J

JMLanders

I'm a married mad. Both I and my wife are in full time employment and gross a reasonable salary between us. We have no mortgage, and owe about £5 to credit cards on one of thpse 0%APR thingies. We own our cars outright. Our kids are well looked after but don't demand many expensive goodies.

As I walk around, I see unemployed people milling around, or relatively low paid workers sitting outside their workplace (B&Q, ASDA etc).

So the question is, how can they afford to smoke whereas we can't, even if we wanted to:?: Nearly £6 a packet...

Sponsored Links
I'm a married mad. Both I and my wife are in full time employment and gross a reasonable salary between us. We have no mortgage, and owe about £5 to credit cards on one of thpse 0%APR thingies. We own our cars outright. Our kids are well looked after but don't demand many expensive goodies.

As I walk around, I see unemployed people milling around, or relatively low paid workers sitting outside their workplace (B&Q, ASDA etc).

So the question is, how can they afford to smoke whereas we can't, even if we wanted to:?: Nearly £6 a packet...

Speaking as someone who doesnt smoke and only has a tipple at xmas, i think they shoudl put cigarettes up to £50 a packet and beer to £15 a unit...........the income should then be divided between A&E depts and cancer research.

how can they afford to smoke whereas we can't, Nearly £6 a packet...

i still smoke even if they are £6 or £10 a packet.

grow your own.
Cannabis_Plant_4.jpg

I'd go up to £50000 per packet, and a similar amount per unit of alcohol. Moreove, anyone found partaking in any of these activities should be barred from being treated medically under the NHS.

Sponsored Links
We don't smoke but a woman that works with my wife smokes heavly. Between her and her husband they smoke 100 fags a day, drink a bottle of brandy every night and yet, they moan all the time they have no money :rolleyes:

Apprantly we're lucky we can afford........ well I'm sure you heard the same thing.

We don't smoke but a woman that works with my wife smokes heavly. Between her and her husband they smoke 100 fags a day, drink a bottle of brandy every night and yet, they moan all the time they have no money :rolleyes:

Luckily, they'll be unable to moan much longer. Even if they live, they'll have no throat, nor liver.

I'm a married mad.

You have to be mad to get married! I'm married, too! ;)

On a serious note, I used to smoke loads. Stopped in 1994. But I used to be able to afford it by not having other things. If you have an addiction (and are not of a thieving tendancy), you tend to feed that addiction to the exclusion of other things in your life.

My sister is an alcoholic & smokes heavily too.

Her trolleys every week (when I used to go shopping with her) would consist of value this, value that, value the other, cheap nasty food. And then on top of that would go bottle after bottle of cider and red wine. Then at the ciggy kiosk on top of the pile would go 400 fags.

Most of her calories were from alcohol, she ate very little.

My sister is an alcoholic & smokes heavily too.

Poor woman, and poor you.

I used to smoke too - at one stage I was on 40 malboro a day. Many a day I have to choose whether to eat or smoke - but I was on a grant or paltry wage back then, and cigs were a lot cheaper in real terms.

Sponsored Links
Back