Burning money

There is no reason to 'make stuff up', or really be nasty, when referring to people on boards.
Such as asking me how I "blow" my money in a week, or referring to me disparagingly as "lord landers" here and elsewhere:confused:

You state you are from London, you state you receive a reasonable wage, that also your partner receives too, so from those published facts, it can be ascertained at a certain level.
This is where you are in error - you jump to conclusions about my disposable income in precisely the same way that you are accusing me in my own assumptions. I have conceded this point. Are you accepting your own error also?

People on the dole, as you write, can also be ascertained to be on a certain level of payment, that is well published, and available for all to see. For you to say that the level of income that you receive, and the level that someone the dole receive is misconstrued by yourself, as you say that you cannot afford £6 a week for cigarettes. When quite clearly this is a misnomer.
As I have stated earlier quite clearly, I was basing it on a much higher level of tobacco expenditure - along the lines of £6 a day and not per week

So don't then go on and state 'daft and innaccurate presumption', when everything is there in writing. I also explained my posts after you replied, so there is no need for rudeness.
I agree - and I accept your apology in the same way as you accept mine

You make a badly thought out OP post to dismiss ALL those on the dole, and tar them with the same brush.
I dismissed noone. The whole post was about how people manage to afford to smoke on a limited income. Nothing more, nothing less. The assumption that this was an attack on the unemployed is utterly incorrect. In fact it is entirely plausable to read it as a complement of how you, for example, manage your finances in such a way that you can afford to smoke. Why you chose to read it in a negative way reflects more on you than me.

You state that you receive a decent wage in London, along with your partners wage, but cannot afford a £6 pack of cigarettes, then say you smoke 20 a day. Something doesn't add up.
If you read it properly, then it would indeed add up. I said I was basing the cost of smoking on 20+ per day at £6 per day. This is what I can't afford, not £6 per week.

Just leave it fella, I never met you, there are so many inconsistencies in what you write, none of it adding up.
There are no inconsistencies in what I wrote. However, "fella", feel free to leave it now. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back