Burnt out cooker switch

Sponsored Links
Had electrician come out and looks like one of the earthing wires came loose and touched the live wire. I've attached a pic for your reference.

Now the electrician replaced it with one of these (https://www.screwfix.com/p/schneide...ker-switch-13a-dp-switched-socket-white/8103j) but the led on the socket switch seems to go off whenever I plug an appliance. Either it's a faulty led or he's nikd the led wiring whilst trying to wire the switch up!

Attachments

• 20191204_202010.jpg
    20191204_202010.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 182
Could be just a faulty socket, I suggest you get him back. Glad he's found the problem for you.

Jeez!
That was not designed to be fitted by the average electrician.
The earth bar running directly next to the live and Neutral connections.
When they leave too much copper showing it can easily connect with earth.

Sponsored Links
Jeez!
That was not designed to be fitted by the average electrician.
The earth bar running directly next to the live and Neutral connections.
When they leave too much copper showing it can easily connect with earth.

So possible it was the live wire that became loose and touched the earthing bar...looks most likely.

It's the same on the new ones he's fitted...poor design by schneider...and the original decor switch costs around £25...not cheap.

I'd be tempted to insulate that earth bar where it runs under those terminals myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back