burnt plug

The adaptor the OP has does appears to be fused, at least I presume that red thing is a fuse carrier.
Another good point - 'impressive', I suppose (if 'correct' deserves such an acolade!). I suppose that could be because the socket on the other side will take things other than a BS1363 plug, even if there weren't a second outlet. Indeed, on reflection, maybe that's the more likely answer - that it's simply a 'travel adaptor with just a single outlet, but taht outlet will take a variety of plugs (none of which, other than BS1363 ones, will have fuses).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I have since bought a Masterplug Re-wireable 3 Pin Heavy Duty Plug HDPT13W from B&Q.

First attempt at rewiring lasted 1 week or so, before failing. I found out the neutral wire was loose/burnt. :oops:
Second time round, I was more firm with the screws etc. Has lasted me 3 weeks so far. Not sure if I needed a new fuse, but did it anyway to be safe. I think my mistake the first time round was - I cut out too much of the outer insulation layer of the cable, so it was dangling around under the cable grip. :oops:

Thanks again for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back