Burying pipes/cables in concrete floors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are shortly moving to a house where the kitchen has to be moved. This is being moved into an extension [brick/block/screeded floors/pitched tiles roof/no current access to roof space!] The extension was built about 10 yrs ago and apart from a carpet is pretty much empty of services which will have to be picked up from the old kitchen, adjacent and 13' away. I can either go over the top which will be difficult as the roof pitch is quite shallow or floor chase. I also have to wire out the kitchen, which means some lighting work in the roof space anyway.
Does anyone have experience of floor chasing, will a good wall diamond chaser do the job? If it is a goer what sort of pipe/regs apply?
Thanks, all ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
if you must put them in the floor make sure they are ducted and acessible

personally FWIW i would sooner go overhead

not even going to mention part p either ;)

No don't like go over they have a habit of frezzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

Go round behind the units is best plan

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Seems to be what's technically called a "door". Not a problem surely - just use a very long drill to go in the wall past the door's wall. ???

ChrisR said:
Seems to be what's technically called a "door". Not a problem surely - just use a very long drill to go in the wall past the door's wall. ???

Believe it or not, I actually went into a house and the enthusiast had run the pipes straight across the door opening about a foot up from the floor.

Said he never uses it :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back