Gas Piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to have a ground floor extension to my kitchen which will involve moving the existing gas hob into the extension. Obviously, I'll get a GORGI registered plummer to do this, but so I get an idea of what can and can't be done, can anyone tell me what the regulations are on extending gas pipes. For example: must they be buried into a concrete floor? Can they be routed between ceiling joists, then through into the extension? Any other things to comply with?

Regards,

Laurence

Sponsored Links
Yes there are various regulations but nothing to cause you any problem by the sound of it, basically you need venting in ducts, wrapped pipes in concrete and sleeving through walls. You will need your pipework sizing checked though and possibly increased

Make sure that, your existing supply can take the extra demand your extension will put on the gas carcass.

By this I mean; the gas carcass currently running thru your property would maybe not have been designed to take the added load of any gas appliances added in your extenision. So have the carcass pipe sized in oder to check if you can add to your pipework or if you will need sections upgrading!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back