Gas pipe under extension??

The pipe must be diverted by an RGI with LPG qualifications.

Do not let the builder get within half a mile of it.

Yes there are loads of regulations, and I'm not about to tell you.

Get an RGI as above.

Then:

First if anyone hasn't picked on the fact.

We are talking LPG, That would be 6BAR pressure up to the second stage regulator.

The pipe is almost certainly the property of the supplier.

If the builder or anyone else that's not competent to work on high pressure gas touches it, then it's Riddor reportable and trust me when I say it's immediately dangerous.

The pipe can come out of the ground before the extension into the second stage regulator, and from there it can go into the building above ground.

And that is all the information you or anyone needs to know.

Terrible thing, Ego. ;)

Sponsored Links
Since when did a DIYer have an Ego :LOL:

I was just expanding my original comment, get an RGI.

Er doitall- 1st Stage Lpg is at 1-00Bar NOT 6 !, Pressure in vessel Approx 7-0Bar, 1st stage 1-00 Bar, 2nd Stage 38mb However the LPG supplier is generally responsible for all pipework up to the 2nd stage regulator, this is good news if the 2nd stage reg is at the property, but bad if as is increasingly popular the 2nd stage is mounted at the Tank

either way a Qualified LPG engineer registered with gas Safe Register would have to do the work

(lets see Mr Hailsham pull this post apart, he seems to enjoy destroying everything I submit!)

Sponsored Links
Er doitall- 1st Stage Lpg is at 1-00Bar NOT 6 !, Pressure in vessel Approx 7-0Bar, 1st stage 1-00 Bar, 2nd Stage 38mb However the LPG supplier is generally responsible for all pipework up to the 2nd stage regulator, this is good news if the 2nd stage reg is at the property, but bad if as is increasingly popular the 2nd stage is mounted at the Tank

either way a Qualified LPG engineer registered with gas Safe Register would have to do the work

(lets see Mr Hailsham pull this post apart, he seems to enjoy destroying everything I submit!)

:oops: That's why the OPSO keeps shutting off :rolleyes:

You are correct of course, the 1st stage regulator reducing the pressure down to 75mb, and the 2nd stage regulator to 37mb.

Ok guys, that has answered the question. I will get it re-routed AROUND the extension by a qualified RGI. Many thanks for all your comments, sorry if I started a few heated debates!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back